Our first family photo.
It is crazy to think where we were a year ago today, so naive and rested! Parenting has been our biggest challenge and greatest joy as a married couple.
On Monday February 23, 2009 Nick and I went to work like normal. I was 38 weeks pregnant and had a c-section scheduled for Thursday of that week because Cali was breach. We had a 3pm Dr. appointment to go over everything before the c-section. During the day I noticed that Cali hadn't been moving a lot. During our Dr. appointment I mentioned the lack of activity. She sent us over to the hospital to get checked out. We already had our bags with us, so we headed over to Duke. Once I was on the monitors it was determined that I was having contractions and there were putting stress on the baby. The Dr. on call said there really wasn't any reason to wait until Thursday so if we were ready to be parents we could have her that night. We said yes and made phone calls to the family to let everyone know what was going on. At 9:01pm Cali Maple entered the world changing our lives forever!
Our little angel.
12 months later we are blessed to have this...
- 6 teeth, 2 on top and 4 on bottom
- Sleeps from 6:30 pm-6:00 am, waking up once
- Takes 1-2 naps, 1-2 hours each
- Crawls super fast anywhere we will let her
- Is "cruising" on furniture, so walking is coming soon
- Loves to feed herself!
- Favorite foods: cheerios, sweet potatoes, carrots, crackers, cheese, pancakes, and cake!
- Is almost weaned - only 3 feedings a day!
- Loves to play! Her favorite activity is putting things in and out of a container; like blocks
- She has the sweetest smile and laugh
- She is ticklish on her feet
- She is learning to feed herself with a spoon and fork
- She is babbling, no recognizable words yet
- Likes Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Handy Manny
- Loves to play with other kids
- She loves Jack and Harley and thinks they are hilarious
Happy 1st Birthday Cali!!
We love you more than you will ever know!