Sunday, September 25, 2011

One Year

Today is one year since Dad left this earth to be with our Heavenly Father.  One Year - wow.  It doesn't seem that long.  To say I miss him would be an understatement.  There is just such a special bond between a girl and her daddy.

I long for our talks.  He was always such a good listener and would not tell you what to do but help you work through to the solution.  He always gave such wise counsel.  He was also such an encourager.  No one ever left a conversation with Dad where they didn't feel better about themselves.

I ache for the fact that Cali won't remember him and that the twins will never know a Grandpa.  He was so good with Cali!  From the beginning he took such joy in her and would get on the floor to play.  


But I also rejoice that he is with Christ and feels no pain and is free from cancer.  I take comfort in the fact that I will see him again.  I find peace that he is with family and friends enjoying God's glory for eternity.

It has been a hard year for all of us - mom especially.  But today we will have a gathering to celebrate Dad's life, share stories and find comfort in the fact that he is with the Lord.

Thank you all for your encouragement and love during this time.  I hope that if you knew Dad you can have a smile on your face today as you remember him.

1 comment: